Social + Marketing Assistant
Part-time or casual role // Melbourne, Victoria
I’m looking for a creative and tech savvy social media and content assistant to help build the social media community for 2 brands.
I have a new and exciting opportunity in Melbourne to work with me, a sole founder in 2 of my businesses. You’ll have the opportunity to learn in an early-stage business and you’ll get the opportunity to connect with likeminded people, brands and companies to build, promote, nurture and grow the reach of my community.
The role will be an assistant role with a focus on the following:
- Content creation and distribution including social media and email.
- Media outreach and exploring partnerships and collaborations.
- Engagement and community management.
- Promotions, campaigns and community growth.
- Marketing analytics, testing and reporting.
Are you a Go Getter with a sharp eye for style and detail?
I’m looking for a razor-sharp creative who is passionate about growing brands and creating high quality content.
This role would suit a junior or recent university graduate that has some experience but is also looking to grow their current skill set.
The successful candidate is someone who thrives on spending time creating new and original ideas and concepts, that can take direction but also is proactive and enjoys creative freedom.
Who am I looking for?
I’m looking for the following:
- Graphic design experience and experience in photography and both photo and video editing experience is needed. Possessing the ability to create engaging and emotive content is key to your success in this role as you’ll be working with a personal brand and creating content for an online store.
- An understanding of media outreach, collaborations and partnerships.
- Copywriting experience would be great.
- Excellent attention to detail including outstanding proofreading and grammatical skills.
- An interest in market research and analytics is required.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin.
- Degree in journalism, marketing or communications is preferred.
- A good eye for branding and design.
- A positive, proactive and inquisitive attitude is a must.
- Organised and punctual.
- Proven experience growing an online community would be amazing.
What’s on offer:
- The ability to learn and gain experience from an experienced entrepreneur looking to grow rapidly in the coming 12 months.
- Flexible work arrangements (6 hours per week to begin with until needs are assessed) that can we worked around other jobs or study.
- Freedom to create and suggest innovative new ideas, content and concepts.
- Face-to-face training.
- Access to educational content.
Want to join the growing team?
Send your cover letter and CV, along with any interesting information (social media accounts or past projects) you think I'd enjoy to Loren at email@example.com with Social and Marketing Manager in the subject.
I’ll be hiring with culture and fit in mind (experience can always be learnt) and always appreciate the extra effort and creativity in applications.